Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Nappanee, Indiana Tornado


A tornado touched down in Nappanee, Indiana on October 18th. This greatly interest me because we used to live quite close to Nappanee (17 miles). I'd show you a picture of the distance, but mapquest has not been very cooperative.

We knew a few people that lived in that area, and thankfully everyone is okay. The crazy thing is that I had a dream that night/next morning (well after the tornado touched down) that we lived in Indiana, and were experiencing a tornado. I don't remember much, but it looks like my dream was someone's reality.

Apparently it was a category 3 storm, which was 1/2 mile wide, and moved at 162 mph. WOW!

Here are some links to local coverage. Local Cleanup Efforts

Goshen News Write-Up

Some Video Footage:

No comments: