Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sports Sunday

So.... a "enemy" of your "enemy" is a friend? That's how I felt watching the Ohio State-USC football game. As a Irish fan, I don't like USC because they usually beat Notre Dame. I don't like Ohio State, because they're Ohio State. However, I couldn't bring myself to route for Ohio State, so I found myself not really watching the game last night. Some Big Ten supporters wanted a strong showing from Ohio State, as if it would bring some credibility to the conference, but in reality, I was glad to see that without 40+ days between games, OSU still came up small. At least they can complain about not having B.Wells, as if that would have made enough of a difference. Of course I now believe that Jim Tressel (Previously known as "sweater-vest", is a "pretty good guy", based on him writing a book, and doing an in-store appearance at one of our Ohio stores, so it's hard to work up the agnst against him, like before.



Of course the big news was the strong showing for Notre Dame against Michigan. It's good to see Michigan going through a rough year like Notre Dame did last year. Who knows, with a few breaks they could win 10 games after all. After last week I had defensive coordinator Jon Tenuta as the sucessor to Coach Weis........not-so-fast.

No comments: