Thursday, July 24, 2008

Credit Card Crunch
















Working in the retail environment, I'm always amazed at how many people have stacks of credit cards in their wallet or purse.

Granted, some of them are reward cards or membership cards (Blockbuster, Staples, etc), but a lot of them have a VISA, Discover or MC logo on them.

One lady the other day pulled out a stack of cards (6 or so) then another, and then another until she had 3 stacks of cards, of which at least half were credit cards....I wanted to discreetly count, but I didn't realize how many until the end.

Kristy and I have tried "shopping around" for different credit card offers, and we do benefit from occasionally adding a different card, but I hope we never get to the point where some of these people are. Even if you have only $100 on each card....it's paralysis by quantity.

No comments: