Tuesday, March 10, 2009

80 degrees in Virginia

This past weekend my wife and I, along with our two boys had an chance to visit her relatives in Virgina.

It was a great weekend of relaxing, enjoying the sunny 80 degree weather, and watching the boys jump around on the trampoline, and play "dog ball".

The "dog" of "dogball" is a stuffed toy tied around on a rope, that swings above the trampoline. You try to avoid it, or hit it in a certain manner (without touching the trampoline). My boys loved the combination of all things related to jumping up and down.

We even got to spend some time on the lake (paddle-boat) and creek (canoe).

Equally important was the lack of technology, well....MY technology to be specific. Since I didn't have cell coverage, I could turn off my phone, which meant I could turn off my emails (work and personal) and turn off my interest in checking internet news. One phone, 3 options, total departure from the busy norm.

All in all, a great extended weekend.

No comments: