Monday, September 24, 2007

Quick Hits v.1

So a lot has happened in the 20 days I didn't blog. It's been really busy, my laptop's been funky, and football has started, as well as fall baseball.

MEETINGS MEETINGS MEETINGS

I was in Cincy for the fall version of Berean's management meetings. It was 4 days away from Kristy and the boys, but a chance for some more interaction with other managers, and some fun.

We stayed at a Sheraton, and had meetings in 2 rooms there, and used a third for eating.

I stayed on the 10th floor, which usually is 8 floors more than I like...I'm a casual traveler...give me a hotel with 2 floors and I'm fine. Make me ride elevators with minds of their own....not so much fun..

I sharpened my poker skills (I had only a very, very, very basic knowledge of the game) and by the 2nd night, won the whole thing. Sure, it's a lot of luck....I beat the last guy with a flush (King high card) and he also had a flush, with a ten as the high card. We had gone 2 nights without having a flush, (well not in the card sense), and so it was pure luck that we both got them, and I had the higher run.

Know to find some players around here...

No comments: