Monday, September 24, 2007

Quick Hits v.2

After meetings I made a quick trip up to Goshen. It was nice to see the area, drive up 33 from Fort Wayne, as the fields are being harvested (or soon to be in some cases).

I made a quick, nosy, drive around our old home. Looked pretty nice.....still small....definitely couldn't have managed with 2 kids there, thought it was good for us while we lived there.

It was good to see Chris & Heather, Joe & Kris, and all the kids. Had I had more time I would have like to connect with many more....

Friday breakfast was fun. It happened to be my birthday, and Joe had gotten a piece of coffee cake with a candle in it. I'm glad they didn't go the 29 candle route, it would have left me with an icing I wouldn't have liked.....not to mention having enough divets to qualify as a public golf course on welfare.

When I would go to breakfast with the guys, I usually went one of 3 routes: just coffee cake, coffee cake and 2 pancakes (which are like...plate sized), or the "Fritz".

The "Fritz" sounds like something Steve Taylor would be on (good 80's song reference). It's a combination of gravy, eggs, and potatoes. Some places call it the dumpster dish...but after Fritzy, it wasn named the Fritz. (so now you know, if you ever want to go to Goshen, hunt down the County Seat Cafe, find Fritz, and tell her it was recommended on this blog....she might even give you a piece of coffee cake for your efforts).

No comments: