Saturday, May 17, 2008

Meat Slappers

So there's a Subway restuarant locally, as part of a gas station. Somewhere, there is probably a manifesto against getting your food prepared by people who also pump gas.

Unfortunately, it's the closest one to where I work, and I go there about every other month.

The owner is a real meat slapper. You can tell who enjoys their work, and who doesn't. He cuts open the bread, and practically throws the meat onto the sandwich.

Since I like the Italian BMT, it's watching the process 3 times over (slap, slap, slap, slap, slap...opps, here's an extra slice of meat....slap). By comparison, the Quiznos people have the meat already prepared, and separated by paper (smart, efficient).

He's also not the most attentive. One time he asked me what cheese I wanted 3 times, while he slapped meat. I answered provolone each time. It was a fascinating game...one where he could have tested how many times I would have answered to his "cheese?" question.

So, I overlook his disinterest in preparing food, to enjoy the tasty goodness of a BMT. By the way, check out subway.com and find your "inner sub". Yes, it sounds kind of new age-ish, but I learned my personality is best described as a cold-cut combo. Who knew??

No comments: