Saturday, May 17, 2008

Signs


Signs was on last night. You know, the thriller movie with Aliens, corn fields, crop circles, lots of dramatic music, and extra-sensorary titilation.

Full-Disclosure: This is only the 2nd time I've ever watched it. The first time was the middle of the afternoon, and after watching it, I was looking over my shoulder at night for a few weeks. I know it's not real, but when you have an imagination like mine, it's hard not to keep that from going into hyper-drive. In other cases, I'd walk past guys passed out, outside the Goshen store, and not think twice about it (the back of the bookstore was perpendicular to the back door of a bar).

Getting back to signs....this time around it was at night, though with commercial breaks. That being said, I couldn't watch it downstairs alone, I had to go upstairs, and I knew what was coming (hand under door, alien at kids party, aliens at house). That being said, it was still a good thriller.

I really go for movies like this. The ones where it's smoke & mirrors, you think something is happening, but you're never quite sure what's going to happen. "The Village" was another movie like this (same director), where you saw glimpses, bits & pieces, but it wasn't until the end that it all came together (that one gave me trouble when I'd be turning off the lights in our basement at the store).

Big fan of these movies...even if it keeps me from ever walking in cornfields at night.

No comments: