Friday, August 17, 2007

Chincoteague, VA


This weekend is the annual trip to Chincoteague, VA. Last year Kristy and I (and Dakota) went for the first time in 5 or so years.



This year we are staying home (for obvious baby related reasons). Though we are quite envious of everyone "down there".
For those who have never been there, the neighboring island is where everyone goes swimming, and occasional "wild" (use term loosely) ponies are spotted. I'd give you the name of the island, but I don't want any family friendly filters to block my page...let's just call it but-ateague.
Last year I spent a good portion just sleeping. I think one of Kristy's cousins said "why would you go on vacation and sleep". Why indeed. Actually it was quite refreshing, and relaxing.
Dakota loved camping, and for the most part the sand, and waves. Though one in particular took him down, and then it was building sand castles for the rest of the day.
Hopefully next year...

No comments: