Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Interesting Baseball Articles

Phil Rogers, Chicago sports columnist wrote an interesting article on White Sox picture Mark Buerhle.

At one point Buerhle talks about proposing to his wife in a deer stand, and dealing with the redneck jokes the followed. His logic....I like the outdoors, and I like to hunt. Kristy said "I hope his wife does too..."

Also...

As the Phillies near 10,000 loses, no other professional sports franchise has more loses, there are a lot of articles being written about that. Sports Illustrated did a short piece, and some Philly papers have done some articles as well.

What's interesting is not that they've lost so many games, it's who's next on the list.......the Atlanta Braves. I would have never guessed that. Granted, the Braves have a 325 game lead in that category, and have been in existence 7 years longer, but still....after the past 15 years of record-setting division titles....they are seen as a winner.

So I guess it gives some hope....maybe by the time I'm 45-50, the Philles could be seen in that same light. History on the other hand tells us.......

No comments: