Saturday, July 7, 2007

Weaver All-Star?

Last night I had the privilege of playing in our church softball league all-star game. I say privilege, not to over-glorify the event, or my participation, but rather to point out that any number of other guys from my team could have played in it as well.

It was a good night. I had 4 hits in 5 at-bats, 2 run scored, and 3 RBI's.

Now, before you think I am bragging, let me be quick to add that last year I went 0-3, so combine the 2 years, and I'm right on .500 (4-8), right in line with my "career" average.

Now I'm unofficially in the "deferment" stage of All-Star games. Those of us who have played in a few games, and now will defer so that others can participate.

This year was a lot of fun. Last year, I tried too hard, and well, 0-3 pretty much sums up trying to hard in softball.

Oh...and fearing my power (which I, um, don't have any) they put me in the cleanup spot in the lineup.

No comments: