Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The Marathon

This week has been crazy, and it's only Wednesday. Most of it has been self-inflicted.

Monday we had inspection on the house. The inspectors found a few minor things. Monday night there was a softball game, but I worked on the house. (We won!)

Tuesday I went to Provident, and worked on some house things in the late afternoon. Then had a softball double-header, where I played the first game (lost) and left part-way through the second game (a win). I came back to finish up some for house things.

Today was a 2nd inspection, on the things I needed to finish from Monday's inspection. All went well, and we're finished with the inside inspections. Then we had a landscaping inspection and retention pond inspection. The "pond" passed, though if it ever is a pond for more than 72 hours, we'll have to replace sand, sod, etc. It's really kind of crazy, all it does is clean the water, and then drain the water out the back....which I guess is supposed to be a benefit to everyone. An expensive "benefit". Perhaps land engineers just find ways to spend other people's $$, but I shouldn't talk/write...I'm not an expert on engineering or the environment.

There are a few minor changes that need done with the "grading", so hopefully Dave will have that done in the next day, and we can still move in this weekend.

Tonight I should be raking topsoil, and seeding the lawn, but the Phillies are calling, and this may be (what's that Kristy...okay...will be) the last game I attend this year. Unless they make the playoffs.....

No comments: