Friday, July 20, 2007

Making Friends At the Lumber Yard

It's been another week of trips to Musselmans, Lowes, etc.

I found it amusing that when I was at Lowes, the song by U2 "Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" was playing over the in-store music. That seemed pretty appropriate at the time.

I've also been there at Lowes when the store opens at 6:00. It's interesting that around 6:15 they call everyone to the front of the store for a staff meeting. I'm pretty sure one thing they say is "serve the customers in your department".....hmmmm, kind of hard, isn't it? Bad time for a meeting.

If I felt like being belligerent, I would walk around and push those buttons that are for customer assistance in ____ department. The ones that cause an overhead announcement "Customer assistance needed in the tool department" Now those buttons are a nice feature, they tend to get employees out from the woodwork pretty quick.

No comments: